St. David’s Medical Center
Since 1924 St. David’s Medical Center has offered the most excellent care to Austin. They advocate a warm and family focused approach to health care, and strive to maintain the most advanced and safe standards of care.
St. David’s is a unique partnership between a hospital management company (HCA) and two local nonprofits (St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation). The proceeds from the operations of the hospitals fund the foundations, which in turn invest these dollars back into the community. Since 1996 more than $269 million have been given back to improve the health and healthcare of the people of Central Texas.
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award 2014
- 2014 Texas Ten Step Program Facility (Awarded to birthing facilities that provide optimal care to improve breastfeeding outcomes and the health of newborns and infants.)
- NAPBC accredited breast center
- Pink Ribbon Facility
- ACR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
Obstetric services at St. David’s hospital are consistently well-reviewed and well-respected by both patients and other healthcare facilities. The teams of physicians, nurses, and administrators set the standards than many others follow. Services include:
- Patient/family education classes: Prenatal, sibling, lactation, birth, newborn care, Lamaze, hospital tours
- State of the art fetal monitoring
- Well-appointed private postpartum rooms with built in sleep space for father/partner/support person. Suites available for additional cost, on a first come first served basis.
- Rooming in encouraged
- Lactation specialists available for support and education
- Neonatal/Maternal transport team (air, ground)
- Level III NICU
Surgical patients at St. David’s Medical Center have access to, and can choose together with their surgeon, advanced minimally invasive diagnostic and surgical techniques including the da Vinci robotic surgical system. St. David’s also strives to make your post op recovery as comfortable as possible.
Patients at the SDMC Breast Center are treated to a spa-like facility, welcoming staff, and accessible radiologists for their breast imaging, procedures, and other imaging services.